Family History Review
- Do you have concerns about your family health history?
- Do you have questions about hereditary cancers or other diseases?
- Are you wondering if clinical genetic testing would be meaningful for your medical care?
- Has someone else in your family had genetic testing done? Are you wondering what those results mean for you and if you should still have testing done?
- Do you want a certified licensed genetic counselor to take a look at your personal and family health history and provide you with a sound review of suggested next steps?
- This product is for you!
If you have concerns about your personal and/or family health history but are not quite ready to schedule a genetic counseling appointment— or just prefer to receive a written review rather than a consultation with a genetic counselor— a Family History Review can be a great option. Much of a genetic counseling session is spent gathering detailed information about your family history. Provide us with this detailed information regarding your personal and family history using the FamGenix tool. Use Clinician Code GREY3990. Within 5 business days, a certified genetic counselor will reply to you by secure email, including the following information:
- Whether or not you meet certain national criteria for clinical genetic testing
- Genetic testing you may want to consider based on your personal and/or family history, regardless of whether guidelines are met
- A general overview of how genetic test results could influence medical management recommendations for you and/or family members
- Whether or not additional screenings could be considered based on your family history alone (even if genetic testing results are negative).
If you go on to have genetic testing ordered through your physician, you will have the option of scheduling post-test genetic counseling with a Grey Genetics genetic counselor at a rate that is normally only available to individuals who have also received pre-test genetic counseling through Grey Genetics.
This Family History Review service is currently only available to patients in states without genetic counselor licensure. Check our scheduling page for an up-to-date list of which states have genetic counselor licensure.
- Once you purchase your Family History Review, you will be reminded to share your family history with us through the FamGenix app, using Clinician Code GREY3990.
- A certified genetic counselor will look over your family health history and questions and send their review back in 3-5 business days.
- Your Family History Review will include
- Whether or not you meet certain testing guidelines based on your family history
- Genetic testing you may want to consider based on your family history
- When relevant, additional medical screenings that should be considered and actionable next steps.
- This service is currently only available to patients in states without genetic counselor licensure. Check our scheduling page for an up-to-date list of which states have genetic counselor licensure.
- This service is not intended as a substitute for genetic counseling.