Family History Review
- Do you have concerns about your family health history?
- Do you have questions about hereditary cancers or other diseases?
- Are you wondering if clinical genetic testing would be meaningful for your medical care?
- Has someone else in your family had genetic testing done? Are you wondering what those results mean for you and if you should still have testing done?
- Do you want a certified licensed genetic counselor to take a look at your personal and family health history and provide you with a sound review of suggested next steps?
- This product is for you!
If you have a family history of cancer but are not quite ready to schedule a genetic counseling appointment or just prefer to do more research and information gathering on your own, this can be a great option. Much of a cancer genetic counseling session is spent gathering detailed information about your family history of cancer. Provide us with this detailed information regarding your personal and family history using this link. Within 5 business days, a certified genetic counselor will reply to you by secure email, including the following information:
- Whether or not you meet certain national criteria for clinical genetic testing
- A general overview of how genetic test results could influence medical management recommendations for you and/or family members
- General tips regarding pursuing genetic testing and figuring out the cost and insurance coverage component
- Whether or not additional screening related to breast or colon cancer could be considered based on your family history alone (even if genetic testing results are negative).
If you go on to have genetic testing ordered through your physician, you will have the option of scheduling post-test cancer genetic counseling with a Grey Genetics genetic counselor at a rate that is normally only available to individuals who have also received pre-test genetic counseling through Grey Genetics.
This service may be of particular value if you have a family history of one or more of the following cancers in your family: breast, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, colon, uterine/endometrial.
*This product is only available to patients in the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CO, FL, HI, KS, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, NV, NY, OR, RI, SC, VT, WI, WY.
- Once you purchase and download our product, you will be prompted to provide your family health history via an easy intake form.
- You will have the opportunity to include any questions you have related to your specific area of concern before you submit your form.
- A certified genetic counselor will look over your family health history and questions and send their review back in 3-5 business days, providing clear answers to your questions and actionable steps for you to take next.
- This service is currently only available to patients in the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CO, FL, GA, HI, KS, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, NV, NY, OR, RI, SC, VT, WI, WY.
- This service is not intended as a substitute for genetic counseling.