Eleanor Griffith, MS, CGC
Education: B.A., English, Saint Olaf College, 2003. M.S., Human Genetics, Sarah Lawrence College, 2011.
Languages: English, French, Spanish
Areas of Expertise: Cancer Genetics
Licenses: CA, CT, DE, FL, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, UT, WA
Biography: Eleanor is the owner and founder of Grey Genetics. While her interests in genetics are broad, she specializes in genetic counseling related to common hereditary cancer syndromes. She enjoys working with individuals and families to help them understand the impact of their cancer family history on their own cancer risks, as well as when and how genetic testing may be helpful in guiding medical management changes to minimize these risks. She founded the Grey Genetics Network to provide a platform for patients and genetic counselors to connect directly.
Publications & Presentations:
- Host of Patient Stories podcast
- “Meet Eleanor Griffith: Founder and Genetic Counselor of Grey Genetics“
Author of many of the blog posts on the Grey Genetics News Corner:
- What Can 23andMe Results Tell You About Your Breast Cancer Risk?
- New Guidelines Recommend Genetic Testing for Men with Prostate Cancer
- Why Have You Never Heard of Lynch Syndrome?
- You Have a Right to Your Data…. but Is It Really Your Data if It’s Inaccurate?
- All patients with pancreatic cancer now meet guidelines for hereditary cancer testing.
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Hereditary?
- Not Everything is Genetic!
- Family history matters–even and especially when genetic testing results are negative.
- Missing Opportunities to Prevent Ovarian Cancer
- NCCN Expands Genetic Testing Criteria to Include More Women with Breast Cancer
- What Can Your 23andMe Results Tell You about Your Colorectal Cancer Risk?
- What Can 23andMe Results Tell You about Your Cholesterol-Related Risks?