Rachel Rabin, MS, CGC
Education: B.S. Cell and Moleculor Biology & B.S. in Public Health from Tulane University. Masters of Science in Genetic Counseling from Long Island University – Post.
Areas of Expertise: Prenatal, Pediatrics
Biography: Rachel earned her Bachelor’s of Science in cell and molecular biology and her Bachelor’s of Science in Public Health from Tulane University. She earned her Master’s of Science in genetic counseling from Long Island University – Post. Rachel works as a clinical genetic counselor in New York City with experience in pediatrics, prenatal, and general genetics. She also participates in clinical genetic research with work on variant interpretation. Rachel is excited to work with individuals to help them understand their genetic risks.
Publications & Presentations:
- My Child Was Referred By One of Their Doctors for a Genetics Evaluation. What Does That Mean?
- Phoon, C. K., Halvorsen, M., Goldstein, D. B., Rabin, R., Cecchin, F., Crandall, L., & Devinsky, O. (2019). Sudden unexpected death in asymptomatic infants due to PPA2 variants. Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine.
- Boyden, L. M., Atzmony, L., Hamilton, C., Zhou, J., Lim, Y. H., Hu, R., … & Choate, K. A. (2019). Recessive Mutations in AP1B1 Cause Ichthyosis, Deafness, and Photophobia. The American Journal of Human Genetics.
- Rabin, R., Hirsch, Y., Johansson, M. M., Ekstein, J., Zeevi, D. A., Keena, B., … & Pappas, J. (2019). Study of carrier frequency of Warsaw breakage syndrome in the Ashkenazi Jewish population and presentation of two cases. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A, 179(10), 2144-2151.
- Torti, E., Keren, B., Palmer, E. E., Zhu, Z., Afenjar, A., Anderson, I. J., … & Juusola, J.(2019). Variants in TCF20 in neurodevelopmental disability: description of 27 new patients and review of literature. Genetics in Medicine, 1.
- Rabin, R., Millan, F., Cabrera‐Luque, J., & Pappas, J. (2018). Intellectual disability due to monoallelic variant in GATAD2B and mosaicism in unaffected parent. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A, 176(12), 2907-2910.
- Wynn, J., Ottman, R., Duong, J., Wilson, A. L., Ahimaz, P., Martinez, J., … & Chung, W. K. (2018). Diagnostic exome sequencing in children: A survey of parental understanding, experience and psychological impact. Clinical genetics, 93(5), 1039-1048.